This content is intended for recent travelers through Portsmouth International Airport at Pease (PSM). If you recently traveled through PSM and experienced problems while traveling, the following information is intended to provide guidance to you. Customer service is available toll-free at 1-800-351-5560.
If you have experienced a loss or damage to your property and you feel this loss or damage was the direct result of a VIATEQ employee, you may file a claim with VIATEQ. If you feel the loss or damage was due to the air carrier, please file a claim directly with the air carrier. If filing a claim with VIATEQ, you must include proof of your loss or damage.
LIMIT OF LIABILITIES
VIATEQ will try to resolve your claim as quickly as possible, however we may require up to 90 days to fully investigate your claim before we can make a recommendation to approve, deny, or offer a settlement. Please refrain from packing valuable items in your checked baggage.
Once you drop your baggage with your air carrier, both the carrier and VIATEQ will handle and process the baggage in some manner. The air carriers retain possession of your checked baggage for the entire trip with the exception of a short period of time while it is screened by VIATEQ.
Please keep in mind that most air carriers have liability limitations for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
No Liability For:
- Fragile items
- Perishable items
- Previously damaged baggage
- Oversized, overweight or over packed baggage
- Minor damage such as scratches, scuffs, dents, cuts and dirt resulting from normal wear and tear
- Air carrier liability is limited to $2800 per ticketed passenger for travel on or after October 1, 2004
- Air carrier has no liability for damage or loss of protruding baggage parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks or other items attached to baggage
- Air carrier has no liability for photographic equipment, computers, VCRs and any other electronic equipment including software or components, jewelry, cash, documents, furs, works of art or other similar valuable items
- Other items that are not covered in the air carrier limit of liability include, but are not limited to: antiques, books, china, fragile items, liquids, medicines, perishable items, securities and negotiable papers or silverware
VIATEQ highly recommends that you do not pack the items mentioned above in your checked baggage. VIATEQ will not pay for damage to these items unless it is clear that VIATEQ is liable for the loss or damage. Protect yourself and do not pack valuables in your checked baggage. Please note VIATEQ will not accept liability for lost /damaged items from baggage that is delayed or deemed missing by your airline.
VIATEQ Customer Service
Portsmouth International Airport at Pease
36 Airline Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801 | 1-800-351-5560